Our Services Pediatrics
Children should have a yearly comprehensive eye exam along with their parents. Many vision problems can be detected early and treated before they become detrimental to a child's development, learning abilities, and every day function. Dr. West of Ophthalmology LTD has 22 years of experience in the evaluation and treatment of children's vision.
Pediatric Eye Care
Children are NOT simply small adults:
- Children have different eye conditions than adults
- They often have trouble telling us what is bothering them
- More often than not, a child cannot answer medical questions
- A child's brain is still developing, particularly the areas involved in vision
A child with a vision problem should see a PEDIATRIC ophthalmologist because these specialists:
- Have equipment specially designed for use with children
- Know how to examine and treat children in a way that helps them to relax and cooperate
- Have arranged and decorated their offices with children in mind, providing a comfortable and non-threatening environment for your child
Arthur's Story: Strabismus
“Arthur’s eyes were crossed. The day of the surgery, Dr. West and his staff were very accommodating. I definitely recommend Ophthalmology LTD. Dr. West is the best.”
If your doctor suggests that your child needs an eye exam, a pediatric ophthalmologist, such as Dr. West, has the most comprehensive training and the greatest expertise in dealing with children and treating children's eye conditions.