Elizabeth A. Atchison, MD
Dr. Atchison specializes in vitreoretinal surgery and the treatment of retinal diseases. She serves Ophthalmology LTD patients from our Sioux Falls and Yankton offices.
“I was drawn to Ophthalmology LTD because of their commitment to great patient care and reputation for excellence in ophthalmic care,” says Dr. Atchison.
“In many cases we get to follow patients over their lifetimes. It’s wonderful—and rare in a surgical field—to get that kind of continuity.”
Dr. Atchison grew up in Sioux Falls, and she and her husband love the people and area. She enjoys music, singing, and being active, especially biking and running.
Education & Training
- Undergraduate education: Saint Olaf College (Northfield, MN)
- Medical school: Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine (Chicago, IL)
- Transitional residency training: University of South Dakota (Sioux Falls, SD)
- Ophthalmology residency training: Mayo Clinic (Rochester, MN)
- Vitreoretinal surgery fellowship training: Illinois Retina Associates and Rush University (Chicago, IL)
- Board Certified in Ophthalmology