Ryan Geraets, MD
Dr. Geraets specializes in diseases and surgery of the retina and vitreous.
Dr. Geraets always knew he wanted to take care of people. He entered the field of Ophthalmology to make an impact on people’s lives by preserving their vision and their quality of life. A South Dakota native, Dr. Geraets says, “I always knew I wanted to return home—I missed the people and way of life here.”
“One of the great things about Ophthalmology LTD is that everyone in the office gives their all to provide patients with the best possible eye care,” he says. “Every subspecialty can be found here in one place, so if patients have corneal problems, glaucoma, or even eye plastics issues, there’s an expert just down the hall.”
Dr. Geraets enjoys biking, fishing, and spending time outdoors with his wife and three children.
Education & Training
- Medical school: University of South Dakota
- Internship (Internal Medicine): University of South Dakota
- Residency training in Ophthalmology: Texas A&M University
- Fellowship training (vitreoretinal surgery and uveitis): Kellogg Eye Center, University of Michigan
- Board certified in Ophthalmology